Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM SW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:51 am AKST Jan 30, 2015
Forecast Valid: 10am AKST Jan 30, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 5, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL EXIT EAST AWAY FROM HAIDA GWAII
FRIDAY AFTERNOON. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD OVER
NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Today SE wind around 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE