Winter Storm from the Mexican Border in Texas to southern New England through Thursday
A widespread winter weather event is underway from southwest Texas into parts of southern New England. Most locations will see moderate to heavy rainfall before changing over during the overnight hours. Sleet and freezing rain are expected from south/central Texas into the Southeast while significant snowfall is expected from the southern Plains across the Mid-Atlantic into New England.
12NM SW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:43 pm AKST Mar 4, 2015
Forecast Valid: 12am AKST Mar 5, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 11, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW OVER THE CENTRAL GULF WILL STALL AND WEAKEN TONIGHT
AND THU AS THE ASSOCIATED FRONT MOVING OVER THE PANHANDLE ALSO
- Overnight SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 20 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE