Slight risk of severe storms tonight in the Plains
Severe storms are possible over parts of the northern and central Great Plains during the night. Large hail and severe wind gusts are the primary threats. In addition, a few severe storms are also possible mainly this evening from eastern South Carolina and eastern North Carolina into southeast Virginia.
21NM WSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:50 pm AKDT Jul 10, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Jul 11, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 17, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STRENGTHENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE FAR
WESTERN GULF THU NIGHT. THE ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE
INTO THE EASTERN GULF FRI MORNING THEN REMAIN OVER THE EASTERN
GULF THROUGH SAT.
- Overnight SE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NW wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain before 7am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday NW wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE