Powerful snowstorm, including blizzard conditions, forecast in parts of the Northeast Monday into Tuesday
The clipper system bringing snow to the Ohio Valley and mid-Atlantic Sunday and Monday will transition to a strong nor'easter Monday into Tuesday. Heavy snow and strong wind, even blizzard conditions, are possible in parts of the northern mid-Atlantic and New England. A Blizzard Watch is in effect from coastal New Jersey to Massachusetts. Winter Storm Watches stretch from Delaware to Maine.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM SW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:38 am AKST Jan 25, 2015
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKST Jan 25, 2015-6pm AKST Jan 31, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD OVER THE
PANHANDLE EARLY SUNDAY BEFORE WEAKENING LATER SUNDAY INTO
- This Afternoon SE wind around 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SE 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Scattered showers before midnight. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Monday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE