Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
12NM SW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:48 pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
Forecast Valid: 1am AKST Mar 6, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE OVER THE AK GULF WILL SHIFT TO THE
EAST THROUGH FRI. WEAK WINDS WILL DOMINATE THE EASTERN GULF AND
INNER CHANNELS ON FRI. OUTLOOK. A STRONG LOW WILL USHER IN COLD
AIR AND HIGHER WINDS FOR THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 20 kt. Scattered showers after noon. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely before midnight, then scattered showers after midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NW wind around 10 kt. Snow showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered snow showers. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE