Severe weather possible for parts of northern, central Plains and Upper Midwest, as well as parts of OH, TN Valleys and Southeast
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for two areas: one covering parts of the northern & central Plains and Upper Midwest; and the other area covering parts of the Tenn. & Ohio Valleys and Southeast. Large hail & damaging winds will be the main threats, but there is a possibility of tornadoes for the Plains/Midwest area.
21NM WSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:40 am AKDT Aug 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKDT Aug 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF
THROUGH THU AS A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE EXTENDS NW ACROSS THE
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday NW wind around 10 kt. Patchy fog before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE