Slight Risk of Severe Thunderstorms is Forecast This Afternoon through Tonight
A few severe storms are possible late this afternoon, this evening and tonight across parts of the northern High Plains. Other strong storms are possible today in a corridor arcing from the central Gulf Coast into the Tennessee Valley, and across lower Michigan and adjacent portions of the Great Lakes region. Heavy rain and local flash flooding is possible Gulf Coast and Lower Mississippi Valley.
17NM NNE Wrangell AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:38 am AKDT Aug 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKDT Aug 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW IN THE NORTHERN GULF WILL DISSIPATE BY SAT
AFTERNOON AS A WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS ACROSS THE
EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE. THE RIDGE WILL REMAIN OVER SE AK
THROUGH EARLY SUN MORNING. A DEVELOPING LOW IN THE WESTERN GULF
LATE SAT WILL MOVE E INTO THE EASTERN GULF BY MID MORNING SUN.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE