Nor'easter to impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S. as a nor'easter continues to be forecast to move up the East Coast through early Thursday. This storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. These conditions are expected to impact Thanksgiving travel conditions on Wednesday.
12NM NW Blaquiere Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:25 pm AKST Nov 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKST Nov 25, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 2, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL DISSIPATE AS IT MOVES
EAST INTO SOUTHEAST ALASKA TUE EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD
FROM YUKON INTO THE PANHANDLE WED. STRONG OUTFLOW WIND WILL
DEVELOP WED NIGHT.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE