Nor’easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM NW Blaquiere Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:48 am AKST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Nov 26, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 2, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD FROM YUKON THROUGH WED NIGHT AS A LOW
PRESSURE SYSTEM SLIDES SOUTH OF HAIDA GWAII. STRONG OUTFLOW
WINDS WILL DEVELOP WED NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO THU. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL DRIFT SE INTO BC BY THU NIGHT.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE