Flash flooding possible for parts of Upper Midwest
A slow-moving weather system progressing from the northern Plains to the Great Lakes will bring excessive rainfall and a risk of flash flooding to portions of the Upper Midwest on Friday. The heaviest rainfall is expected from central Iowa northeastward across southeastern Minn. and into Wisc. Rainfall totals of 1-2 inches, with locally-higher amounts, are possible through Saturday morning.
12NM NW Blaquiere Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:35 am AKDT Aug 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1000 MB LOW OVER THE EASTERN GULF ON FRI MORNING WILL SLOWLY
WEAKEN AND DRIFT SE ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THROUGH SAT. THE
ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL MOVE SE THROUGH
- Today SE wind around 20 kt. Showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Labor Day SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday W wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE