Heavy rain possible for the northern Rockies & Plains; severe storms for the Northern Plains
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, with locally heavy rainfall, to the northern Rockies and northern Plains. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some storms could become severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds. In addition, temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average.
0NM W Petersburg AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:26 am AKDT Aug 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Aug 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW IN THE CENTRAL GULF WILL DISSIPATE NEAR HAIDA
GWAII SAT AFTERNOON. A NARROW RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE
EASTERN GULF WILL WEAKEN ALONG THE PANHANDLE COAST FRI NIGHT BUT
RETURN TO THE CENTRAL GULF SAT. OUTLOOK. A FRONT WILL MOVE INTO
THE EASTERN GULF SUN.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE