Severe storms and heavy rain possible from parts of Plains to Great Lakes on Labor Day
Isolated severe thunderstorms are forecast to develop on Labor Day along and ahead of a cold front from parts of the southern Great Lakes southwestward across Illinois and Missouri into southeast Kansas. Damaging winds, large hail and heavy rainfall will be possible with these storms.
0NM W Petersburg AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:02 am AKDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7am AKDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF AND MOVE EAST
OVER THE PANHANDLE TUESDAY AND PERSIST INTO MIDWEEK.
- Labor Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before 7am. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers after 1am. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE