Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:51 pm AKST Dec 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am AKST Dec 19, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 25, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STORM FORCE FRONT ACROSS THE SOUTHERN GULF WILL MOVE NORTHWARD
THROUGH THE EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE THU NIGHT. BEHIND IT A
GALE FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE NORTH INTO THE EASTERN GULF AND
SOUTHERN PANHANDLE ON FRI.
- Overnight WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ESE. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW in the evening. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE