Unsettled weather moving into the western and central U.S.
Increasing moisture and colder air will filter into the Pacific Northwest Friday and into
Saturday. Expect rain to start near the coast and then begin to spread steadily to the south and east into the interior mountains as snow Friday into Saturday. Enough moisture will be pushed eastward to also see snow in the central and southern Rockies and adjacent Plains Friday.
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:42 pm AKST Feb 26, 2015
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKST Feb 26, 2015-6pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW SOUTH OF HAIDA GWAII WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK TO THE SOUTH
THU NIGHT. A WEAK TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL PERSIST ALONG THE
OUTER PANHANDLE COAST AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS INTO THE GULF AND
SOUTHERN YUKON ON THU NIGHT THEN EXPAND EASTWARD FRI.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain and snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow likely before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE