Flash flooding possible across parts of Great Basin and southern Plains
A very wet pattern will persist across the Great Basin and into the southern Plains on Tuesday. Heavy rainfall is expected from southeastern Wyoming across Colorado, northeastern New Mexico into the Texas Panhandle and western Oklahoma. Isolated rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour will bring a risk of flash flooding to these areas
0NM WNW Petersburg AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:55 am AKDT Jul 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKDT Jul 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAK LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE UP THE PANHANDLE COAST THROUGH
TODAY. MEANWHILE...A DEEPER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL REMAIN
CENTERED OVER THE NORTHERN GULF. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD NORTH
OVER THE PANHANDLE TUE NIGHT INTO WED AS THE GULF LOW MOVES
- Today NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers, mainly before 1am. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Areas of fog before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE