More heavy rain and mountain snow in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday
Active weather will persist in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday. The hardest hit areas will likely be from the northern California coastline to eastern Washington as rainfall totals will range from 1 to 4 inches. In the higher elevations, precipitation will fall as snow with the some mountain peaks receiving up to a foot.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM WNW Petersburg AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:04 pm AKST Dec 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKST Dec 19, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE SOUTHEAST GULF FRIDAY
NIGHT AND CONTINUE NORTH TOWARDS PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND BY SUNDAY
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE