Heavy Snow For the Southern Rockies with Heavy Rain for Portions of the Southwest
A moist flow off the Pacific will bring heavy rain to southern California and Arizona with heavy snow for the southern Rocky Mountains Monday. More freezing rain is possible from the southern Plains to the central Mississippi Valley. Heavy snow is also expected for portions of New England and upstate New York Monday.
12NM WNW Petersburg AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:27 pm AKST Mar 1, 2015
Forecast Valid: 3am AKST Mar 2, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 8, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAN INVERTED TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL REMAIN ALONG THE OUTER
COAST OF SE AK THROUGH MON AS HIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD
OVER NW CANADA. A WEAKENING WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE NE INTO THE
EASTERN GULF MON NIGHT THEN ONSHORE OVER THE PANHANDLE TUE AND
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Patchy fog before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE