Heavy rain possible for parts of the northern Rockies & Plains; Severe storms for the Upper Midwest
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, some heavy, to parts of the northern Rockies and northern Plains through Saturday. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some of the storms could be severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds.
4NM NNE Goddard AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:38 pm AKDT Aug 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKDT Aug 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW IN THE CENTRAL GULF WILL DISSIPATE NEAR HAIDA
GWAII SAT AFTERNOON. A NARROW RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE
EASTERN GULF WILL WEAKEN ALONG THE PANHANDLE COAST FRI NIGHT BUT
RETURN TO THE CENTRAL GULF SAT. OUTLOOK. A FRONT WILL MOVE INTO
THE EASTERN GULF SUN.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE