Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NNE Goddard AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:28 am AKDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE SE GULF WILL MOVE N TUE AND THEN W INTO
THE CENTRAL GULF BY WED. MEANWHILE THE ASSOCIATED FRONT WILL
MOVE N THROUGH THE PANHANDLE TUE SPREADING WIND AND RAIN. THE
SECOND WRAP WILL MOVE N ACROSS THE PANHANDLE BEHIND THE FRONT
TUE AFTERNOON INTO TUE NIGHT.
- Today E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind 10 to 20 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE