Severe weather possible for large portion of central, southern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe weather Thursday afternoon through early Friday across portions of the southern and central Plains into the mid-Mississippi and Tennessee Valleys. Widespread thunderstorms are expected along and ahead of a cold front moving across these areas. The storms could produce damaging wind gusts, hail and perhaps even a couple tornadoes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NNE Goddard AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:11 am AKDT Oct 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL GULF TODAY THEN TRACK
NORTH OVER THE GULF THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.
- Today ESE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ESE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE