Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
7NM SE Kake AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:27 pm AKST Jan 25, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKST Jan 25, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 1, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD OVER THE EASTERN
GULF SUN NIGHT THROUGH EARLY MON. A WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM
WILL BRUSH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE LATE MON INTO TUE AS AN ARCTIC
FRONT STALLS OVER THE NORTHERN PANHANDLE.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Monday NW wind 5 to 10 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft building to 4 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Snow likely after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Snow before noon, then rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly after midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE