Severe thunderstorms possible this evening and tonight
Large hail and damaging winds may occur from eastern Montana into North Dakota. Strong storms are also possible over the southern mid-Atlantic states. Hot weather continues across the southern Plains to Arizona.
6NM S Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:26 am AKDT Jul 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Jul 24, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL REMAIN OVER THE GULF OF AK THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. A STRONG WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN
GULF THU NIGHT AND ONSHORE INTO THE PANHANDLE FRI THEN STALL
THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon SSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE