Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM S Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:04 pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 9, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE OVER THE EASTERN GULF AND SOUTHEAST ALASKA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
- Tonight WSW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Areas of fog. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday W wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly before 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night S wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday S wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE