Chance of severe thunderstorms in the Plains on Friday
Scattered strong to severe storms will be possible from northeast Colorado and northwest Kansas into Nebraska Friday afternoon and evening, then overnight across portions of the central and northern Plains. Large hail and strong wind gusts will be the primary threats, although a tornado cannot be ruled out.
6NM S Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:29 am AKDT Aug 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Aug 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE EASTERN GULF FRI.
A WEAK LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE S CENTRAL GULF LATE FRI AFTERNOON
THEN DISSIPATE AS IT MOVES EAST FRI NIGHT. THE RIDGE OF HIGH
PRESSURE REBUILDS OVER THE EASTERN GULF SAT.
- Overnight NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of rain after 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE