Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
4NM S Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:35 am AKST Mar 3, 2015
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKST Mar 3, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 9, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE IN B.C. WILL WEAKEN AND MOVE E BY TUE NIGHT AS A
WEAK WEATHER FRONT OVER THE EASTERN GULF MOVES ONSHORE OVER THE
PANHANDLE THROUGH WED.
- This Afternoon SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Light rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE