Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast, New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Damaging wind will be the primary threat. There is also a risk of severe thunderstorms over parts of New England, where damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats.
6NM S Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:07 am AKDT Jul 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA DEVELOPING LOW WILL TRACK NE TOWARD DIXON ENTRANCE THROUGH MON
AFTERNOON. THE LOW WILL THEN MOVE NORTHWARD ALONG THE PANHANDLE
COAST THROUGH TUE.
- This Afternoon ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday S wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday SSE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE