Severe weather possible from Upper Midwest across Ohio Valley and into central Appalachians, as well as for parts of Desert Southwest
Scattered severe thunderstorms are expected to develop Thursday afternoon and evening over parts of the Upper Midwest and Ohio Valley and into the central Appalachians. Damaging wind and large hail are the main threats for this area. Meanwhile, storms with large hail and strong winds will also be possible across parts of the Desert Southwest, specifically over the lower Colorado River Valley.
6NM SSW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:43 am AKDT Aug 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKDT Aug 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF
THROUGH THU. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL EXTEND NW ACROSS THE
PANHANDLE THU. THE RIDGE WILL PERSIST OVER THE GULF FRI.
- Today NW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday W wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE