Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SSW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:49 pm AKST Nov 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKST Nov 22, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE ALASKAN PENINSULA AS A SERIES
OF WEAK WAVES TRAVEL NORTHEAST INTO THE FAR SOUTHEASTERN GULF
THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.
- Tonight S wind around 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday SSE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Showers. Seas around 5 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Showers likely. Seas around 5 ft.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Showers likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. Patchy fog. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE