Severe thunderstorms possible this evening and tonight
Large hail and damaging winds may occur from eastern Montana into North Dakota. Strong storms are also possible over the southern mid-Atlantic states. Hot weather continues across the southern Plains to Arizona.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SSW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:59 pm AKDT Jul 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKDT Jul 25, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 31, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW WILL PERSIST IN THE NORTHERN GULF THROUGH FRI. ANOTHER
LOW WILL FORM IN THE SOUTHEAST GULF LATE THU NIGHT AND MOVE N
JUST OFFSHORE OF BARANOF ISLAND THROUGH FRI AFTERNOON. ITS
WEATHER FRONT WILL REACH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE FRI AND STALL.
- Overnight SE wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday E wind around 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Showers. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE