Wintry mix and snow from western mountains to Ohio Valley Saturday
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
4NM S Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:07 am AKST Feb 28, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4am AKST Feb 28, 2015-6pm AKST Mar 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN GULF WILL
CONTINUE TO WEAKEN AND MOVE S THROUGH SUN AS A DEVELOPING LOW
NEAR KODIAK SAT AFTERNOON MOVES SE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND
PANHANDLE THROUGH SUN. THEN AN INVERTED TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE
WILL REMAIN ACROSS THE OUTER WATERS TO HAIDA GWAII THROUGH MON.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday N wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain before noon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE