Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SSW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:11 am AKDT Oct 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL GULF TODAY THEN TRACK
NORTH OVER THE GULF THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.
- Today ESE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain after 1pm. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind 25 to 30 kt decreasing to 20 to 25 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 45 kt. Rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday S wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Saturday SSW wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday S wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE