Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SSW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:44 am AKST Nov 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKST Nov 23, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL ENTER THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF SUNDAY
- Today S wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly after noon. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Showers likely before midnight, then rain after midnight. Seas around 6 ft.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely before noon, then showers likely after noon. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day E wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE