Nor'easter will impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S., with a nor'easter developing off the Gulf Coast on Tuesday and moving up the East Coast Tuesday night through early Thursday. The storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. This will likely impact those with Thanksgiving travel plans on Wed.
6NM SSW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:42 pm AKST Nov 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Nov 25, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 1, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL DISSIPATE AS IT MOVES
EAST INTO SOUTHEAST ALASKA TUE EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD
FROM YUKON INTO THE PANHANDLE WED. STRONG OUTFLOW WIND WILL
DEVELOP WED NIGHT.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NNE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
- Thursday Night NNE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday ENE wind 5 to 15 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday N wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE