Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM ESE Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:31 am AKDT Oct 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE S INTO THE NE
PACIFIC BY THU. AN ATTACHED TROUGH ACROSS THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE
WILL MOVE NW TO CAPE SUCKLING BY WED NIGHT. A NEW WEAKER LOW
WILL DEVELOP SW OF HAIDA GWAII WED AFTERNOON AND MOVE N INTO THE
SE GULF BY LATE WED NIGHT.
- Today SSW wind 10 to 20 kt becoming NE in the morning. Showers, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 7pm. Patchy fog before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE