We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM ESE Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:38 pm AKDT Sep 15, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKDT Sep 15, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 22, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK WEATHER FRONT WILL DISSIPATE AS IT DRIFTS OVER THE
NORTHERN HALF OF THE PANHANDLE THROUGH MON NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
WILL PERSIST OVER THE GULF THROUGH TUE. OUTLOOK. A STRONG LOW
AND FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE GULF WED NIGHT AND THU.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain before 1pm. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE