Stormy weather expected for the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West
An impressive frontal system will continue moving through the Pacific Northwest and the Intermountain West and slowly make its way south. Behind it very cold Arctic air will follow. Higher elevation snow and moderate rainfall can be expected throughout these regions along with strong winds.
13NM E Point Vandeput AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:39 pm AKST Nov 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7am AKST Nov 28, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAS HIGH PRESSURE OVER NORTHERN BC DRIFTS SE AND WEAKENS THROUGH
FRIDAY EVENING OUTFLOW WINDS CONTINUE TO DIMINISH. A NEW FRONTAL
SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE NORTHERN GULF FROM THE WEST ON SAT.
- Today SE wind 25 to 35 kt, with gusts as high as 45 kt. Sunny. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt decreasing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 20 kt. Snow. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 15 kt. Snow likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE