Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
7NM E Point Vandeput AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:48 pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKST Mar 5, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE OVER THE AK GULF WILL SHIFT TO THE
EAST THROUGH FRI. WEAK WINDS WILL DOMINATE THE EASTERN GULF AND
INNER CHANNELS ON FRI. OUTLOOK. A STRONG LOW WILL USHER IN COLD
AIR AND HIGHER WINDS FOR THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight SE wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Scattered showers after noon. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 20 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 15 kt. Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow showers likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE