A Moderate Risk of Severe Thunderstorms is Forecast This Evening and Tonight
Damaging winds and large hail are likely from North Dakota into western and northern Minnesota this evening into tonight. Some wind gusts could be particularly damaging. Storms are also possible over the Texas panhandle and the Carolinas.
1NM WNW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:56 pm AKDT Jul 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKDT Jul 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW SOUTHWEST OF HAIDA GWAII WILL TRACK SLOWLY TO THE
SOUTHEAST THROUGH TUESDAY AS A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN
OVER THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN GULF FROM THE WEST.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE