Heavy rain possible along the Central Gulf Coast by Friday Night
A winter storm will move out of the Rocky Mountain states and Great Plains Friday. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories will remain in effect. As it moves east, this system will pick up Gulf moisture and bring heavy rain and thunderstorms to the central Gulf Coast late Friday. These will persist into Saturday, when some thunderstorms could contain strong and damaging wind gusts.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:18 pm AKST Dec 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Dec 26, 2014-6pm AKST Jan 1, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE EASTERN GULF WILL MOVE INTO DIXON
ENTRANCE AROUND MIDNIGHT FRI NIGHT AND INTO WESTERN CANADA BY
EARLY SAT MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER BOTH THE
CANADIAN YUKON AND THE GULF THROUGH SAT.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE