Severe weather possible from the Mid-Mississippi Valley to the Lower Great Lakes on Sunday
Severe thunderstorms will be possible over parts of the Ohio and Mid-Mississippi Valleys on Sunday. Tornadoes, damaging winds and large hail will all be possible with any storms that develop. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, the Front Range and Central Plains, the Southwest and Northwest, where dry lightning will also be possible.
1NM WNW Sitka AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:40 pm AKDT Jul 12, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKDT Jul 12, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 19, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER FRONT WILL REMAIN OVER THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH SUN
AND SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH THE PERIOD. A WEAK LOW PRESSURE WAVE
WILL MOVE NORTH ALONG THE FRONT THROUGH SAT EVENING.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE