Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM SW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:55 pm AKST Jan 30, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKST Jan 30, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisSTRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE N TO THE FAR SOUTHERN
GULF BY SAT EVENING...THEN WEAKEN THERE SUN.
- Overnight NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 6 to 8 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 8 to 10 ft.
- Monday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 7 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 7 ft.
- Tuesday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE