Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM WSW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:27 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH
FRIDAY. A FRONT EXTENDING FROM A LOW MOVING INTO THE BERING SEA
WILL CROSS THE AK GULF FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY.
- Overnight SSE wind around 15 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday SSE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Saturday Night SSE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Sunday SSE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 7 to 8 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 8 ft.
- Monday ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE