Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM SW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:41 pm AKST Dec 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKST Dec 18, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STORM FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE NORTHWESTWARD THROUGH THE EASTERN
GULF THU. A GALE FORCE FRONT WILL REACH THE EASTERN GULF ON FRI.
- This Afternoon E wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 10 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 11 to 13 ft.
- Friday E wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 14 to 15 ft.
- Friday Night E wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Rain. Seas 13 ft subsiding to 9 ft.
- Saturday E wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 12 ft subsiding to 9 ft.
- Saturday Night ESE wind around 15 kt becoming S after midnight. Rain before midnight, then showers after midnight. Seas 8 ft building to 11 ft.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 6 ft building to 11 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 10 to 12 ft.
- Monday SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 6 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE