The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM WSW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:25 am AKDT Aug 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1000 MB LOW OVER THE EASTERN GULF ON FRI MORNING WILL SLOWLY
WEAKEN AND DRIFT SE ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THROUGH SAT. THE
ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL MOVE SE THROUGH
- Today ESE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Showers. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Labor Day W wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE