Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM WSW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:48 am AKST Nov 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKST Nov 24, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA MODERATE LOW PRESSURE CENTER WILL DEVELOP SUN EVENING TO THE
SW AND WILL MOVE TO DALL ISLAND AT 1003 MB BY EARLY MON MORNING.
THIS SYSTEM WILL RAPIDLY DISSIPATE INLAND LATER ON MON. STRONG
OFFSHORE FLOW WILL DEVELOP STARTING WED AFTERNOON.
- Overnight E wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 7 ft.
- Monday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Rain likely before noon, then showers likely after noon. Seas 4 ft building to 9 ft.
- Monday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NNE wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE