Flash flooding possible across southern Plains through early Thursday
A wet weather system continues across the southern U.S., with abundant moisture bringing heavy rain and a risk of flash flooding to parts of the southern Plains through early Thursday. The heaviest rain will fall across Oklahoma into western Arkansas. The flash flood threat should diminish later Thursday, as the system weakens over Texas.
14NM WSW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKDT Jul 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Jul 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAS LOW PRESSURE OVER THE GULF MOVES WESTWARD A RIDGE OF HIGH
PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD OVER THE PANHANDLE TODAY. THE HIGH
PRESSURE RIDGE WILL THEN EXTEND OVER THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE