Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday evening across parts of the Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM WSW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:04 pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE OVER THE EASTERN GULF AND SOUTHEAST ALASKA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
- This Afternoon W wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of light rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight WSW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of light rain before 7pm, then scattered showers, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Areas of fog after 7pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after 7am. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night S wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday S wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE