Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest, New England
An active weather pattern continues across the Pacific Northwest on Thursday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in several inches of rain across the region. Meanwhile, a coastal storm off the Northeast coast will bring periods of rain to parts of New England through early Friday. Showers and thunderstorms are also possible across parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM WSW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:31 am AKDT Oct 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKDT Oct 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW W OF HAIDA GWAII WILL MOVE W THROUGH THE DAY AND MERGE
WITH A SECOND LOW IN THE N PACIFIC. THE RESULTING SYSTEM WILL
ROTATE E AND BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY OFF THE COAST OF HAIDA GWAII
- This Afternoon E wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 1am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after 7am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE