Heavy rain possible along the Central Gulf Coast by Friday Night
A winter storm will move out of the Rocky Mountain states and Great Plains Friday. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories will remain in effect. As it moves east, this system will pick up Gulf moisture and bring heavy rain and thunderstorms to the central Gulf Coast late Friday. These will persist into Saturday, when some thunderstorms could contain strong and damaging wind gusts.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM SW Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:07 pm AKST Dec 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKST Dec 26, 2014-6pm AKST Jan 1, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONT WILL PUSH INLAND ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THU EVENING. A
RIDGE WILL DEVELOP OVER THE EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE LATE THU
NIGHT WHILE A LOW MOVES INTO THE EASTERN GULF FROM THE SW ON FRI.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly after noon. Seas 8 to 10 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 7 to 8 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Saturday Night NNE wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 7 to 8 ft.
- Sunday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday ESE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 7 to 8 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE