Unsettled weather to continue today across the northern Plains and Midwest; severe weather possible Tuesday along Gulf Coast
Unsettled weather will continue today over the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest where wintry precipitation is forecast, with several inches of snow from South Dakota eastward into Minnesota and northern Michigan. A well-defined cold front will advance eastward with showers and storms developing along and ahead of it. Some storms along the Gulf Coast could become severe on Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM NNE Cape Edgecumbe AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:19 am AKST Dec 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKST Dec 22, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL TROUGH OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL SLOWLY WEAKEN AND SHIFT
TO THE NORTH THROUGH MONDAY WHILE A BROAD RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE
FORMS OVER THE INNER CHANNELS. A STRONG DEVELOPING GALE FORCE
LOW WILL MOVE NORTHEAST AND OVER PRINCE OF WALES ISLAND TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NE after midnight. Isolated showers before midnight, then a slight chance of rain after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday WNW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE