Marginal Risk of severe weather for central Texas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Marginal Risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of central Texas. Large hail will be the main risk. Elsewhere, widely-scattered thunderstorms not expected to reach severe limits are possible surrounding the Marginal Risk area in Texas, as well as across the Ozarks and central Florida.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM NNE Cape Edgecumbe AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:27 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH
FRIDAY. A FRONT EXTENDING FROM A LOW MOVING INTO THE BERING SEA
WILL CROSS THE AK GULF FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers before 7pm, then scattered showers and thunderstorms between 7pm and 1am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE