Winter storm will bring variety of hazards to parts of southern, eastern U.S.
A cold front moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of weather hazards from the southern Plains to New England on Wednesday. Rain is expected from Texas across parts of the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain possible along a band behind the cold front, which will move southeastward as the day progresses. Snow is expected from the southern Rockies to New England.
6NM W Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:45 am AKST Mar 4, 2015
Forecast Valid: 7am AKST Mar 4, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 10, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW WILL MOVE SLOWLY INTO THE CENTRAL GULF ON WED AND THE
ASSOCIATED FRONT WILL MOVE ONSHORE INTO THE PANHANDLE. THE LOW
WILL STALL AND WEAKEN OVER THE CENTRAL GULF TONIGHT AND THU AS
THE FRONT OVER THE PANHANDLE ALSO WEAKENS.
- Today SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday S wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE