Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM W Lisianski Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:14 am AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD IN THE SOUTHERN YUKON AND NORTHERN
PANHANDLE TODAY. A GALE FORCE LOW MOVING INTO THE CENTRAL GULF BY
THU AFTERNOON WILL TRACK INTO THE NE GULF THROUGH FRI.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ESE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ESE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE