Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM SE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:30 pm AKDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE SE GULF WILL MOVE TO THE W CENTRAL GULF
BY WED MORNING. THE SECOND WRAP FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL MOVE N
ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THROUGH EARLY TUE NIGHT. THE LOW WILL
PERSIST IN THE GULF THROUGH THU NIGHT.
- Tonight SE wind 20 to 25 kt increasing to 25 to 30 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 45 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 15 kt becoming SE in the evening. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 7pm, then isolated showers between 7pm and 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Scattered showers after 7am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE