Slow moving frontal boundary continues heavy rainfall through the weekend for Gulf Coast states
The southern end of a front, draped from the Great Lakes to Gulf Coast, will be slow to move out of the Gulf Coast/Southeast through Monday. Showers and thunderstorms with moderate rain will continue through Monday. Most locations can expect 2 to 4 inches of rainfall with amounts up to 5 inches by Monday morning. Flash Flood Watches are in effect for areas at highest risk for flash flooding.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SSE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:24 pm AKST Dec 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKST Dec 27, 2014-6pm AKST Jan 3, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE EASTERN GULF AND SOUTHERN
YUKON THROUGH SAT NIGHT AND PERSIST THROUGH MON. OUTLOOK. A GALE
FORCE FRONT WILL SLOWLY DRIFT INTO THE CENTRAL GULF FROM THE
WEST ON MON THEN WEAKEN AS IT PROGRESSES EAST.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE