Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM SE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:37 am AKDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE BUILDING OVER THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE EAST
OVER THE PANHANDLE ON TUESDAY AND PERSIST THROUGH THURSDAY
- This Afternoon NW wind around 15 kt. A slight chance of light rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 7pm. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. Areas of fog before 7am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SE in the evening. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE