Threat of flash flooding continues on Sunday for Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West
High levels of moisture still remain in portions of the Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West on Sunday. This will continue the threat of locally heavy rainfall for one more day. Isolated locations could receive 1-2 inches of additional rainfall on Sunday. The areal coverage of these storms should be less than previous days.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM SE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:23 am AKDT Sep 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7am AKDT Sep 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STORM FORCE LOW WILL DEVELOP OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF
ALASKA EARLY SUN AND WILL MOVE NORTH ALONG 140 WEST AND ONSHORE
INTO THE YUKON BY MONDAY MORNING. A SOUTH FETCH WILL PERSIST
OVER THE EASTERN GULF ON MON.
- Today SE wind 20 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 10 to 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Showers, mainly before 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind around 15 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE