Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:02 am AKDT Nov 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Nov 1, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL MOVE EAST ACROSS THE PANHANDLE SATURDAY.
ELSEWHERE...LOW PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE NORTHWESTERN GULF
- Today SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tonight SE wind around 20 kt. Showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind around 10 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 10 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 1pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SE after midnight. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE