Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:27 pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NORTH ACROSS THE GULF THURSDAY AND
- Overnight SE wind around 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 45 kt. Rain after 1pm. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 20 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Friday S wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Saturday S wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday S wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE