NWS launches Spring Safety Campaign
Though much of the nation is still under a deep freeze, more typical spring weather is on the horizon, and with it the threat of severe weather, flooding and other hazards. As part of our effort to build a Weather-Ready Nation, NWS is launching its Spring Seasonal Safety Campaign, with information to help you know your risk, take action and be a Force of Nature this spring.
Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:48 pm AKST Mar 2, 2015
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKST Mar 2, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 9, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA WILL WEAKEN THROUGH TUE.
MEANWHILE A WEAKENING WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE NE INTO THE
EASTERN GULF MON NIGHT THEN ONSHORE OVER THE PANHANDLE TUE. A
SECOND FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE PANHANDLE ON WED FROM THE WEST.
- Tonight ENE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE