More precipation for the Pacific Northwest on Sunday
Another quiet day for most of the county on Sunday, but wet and windy weather will remain in the Pacific Northwest and northern Rockies. In some of the higher elevations, the rain will change over to snow during the day on Sunday.
6NM ENE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:34 pm AKDT Oct 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Oct 25, 2014-6pm AKDT Nov 1, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW SW OF HAIDA GWAII WILL MOVE SE AWAY FROM THE
AREA THROUGH SUN. A WEAK TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN
GULF OF AK WILL MOVE INLAND OVER SE AK SUN. A WEAK LOW OVER THE
NW GULF OF AK WILL MOVE TO THE NE GULF SUN.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE