Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
4NM ENE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:46 pm AKST Mar 3, 2015
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKST Mar 3, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 10, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAKENING RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER BRITISH COLUMBIA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WED NIGHT. MEANWHILE A WEAK FRONT WILL MOVE INTO
THE EASTERN GULF FROM THE WEST TUE NIGHT BEFORE SPREADING OVER
THE PANHANDLE ON WED.
- Tonight SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Light rain likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE