Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM ENE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:49 am AKST Jan 28, 2015
Forecast Valid: 10am AKST Jan 28, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 3, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER FRONT EXTENDING EAST AND WEST ACROSS THE CENTRAL GULF
WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE NORTH AND EAST THROUGH THE PANHANDLE BY
- Today SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain and snow, becoming all rain after noon. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NE in the morning. Sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE