Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM ENE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:55 pm AKST Jan 30, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKST Jan 30, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisSTRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE N TO THE FAR SOUTHERN
GULF BY SAT EVENING...THEN WEAKEN THERE SUN.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday NE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 10 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night ENE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday E wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE