Slight risk of severe weather on Thursday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma expects a slight risk of severe weather on Thursday for parts of the northern Plains, specifically for portions of Nebraska and South Dakota. The main threat with these storms will be damaging winds and hail.
6NM ENE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:25 am AKDT Jul 9, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKDT Jul 9, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 16, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF THROUGH THURSDAY
MORNING BEFORE SHIFTING EAST. A STRENGTHENING LOW PRESSURE
SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE WESTERN GULF THURSDAY...WITH A FRONTAL
BOUNDARY PROGRESSING EASTWARD INTO THE CENTRAL GULF THURSDAY
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 1pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday W wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE