We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
6NM ENE Point Kakul AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:46 pm AKDT Sep 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Sep 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisSURFACE LOW PRESSURE WILL DRIFT NORTH TOWARDS THE SOUTHERN
PANHANDLE REGION AND WEAKEN THROUGH THURSDAY WHILE WEAK HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE INTERIOR OF ALASKA AND THE NORTHERN
- Tonight NW wind around 15 kt. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain after 1pm. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. A slight chance of rain before 7pm, then a slight chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday N wind around 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE