Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM ESE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:53 am AKDT Sep 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Sep 18, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NE TO THE CENTRAL GULF THU...THEN
REACH THE NORTHERN GULF THU NIGHT. THE ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT
WILL MOVE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND SE ALASKA THU AND THU
NIGHT. OUTLOOK. ANOTHER GALE FORCE LOW WILL DEVELOP OFF DIXON
ENTRANCE EARLY SAT MORNING AND WILL TRACK NORTHWARD ON SAT.
- Today E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight E wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday E wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE