Severe weather possible for parts of Midwest, northern Plains, central Oregon
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening for three areas across the central & western U.S.: one are extends from the central Plains east-northeastward into lower Michigan; another across parts of the northern Plains and the third across parts of central Oregon. Damaging wind & large hail will be the main threats for all three areas.
10NM ESE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:55 am AKDT Jul 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am AKDT Jul 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE EASTERN GULF
TODAY THEN WILL WEAKEN AS IT MOVES SLOWLY EASTWARD TONIGHT. A
WEAK LOW WILL DEVELOP IN THE WESTERN GULF ON WED.
- Today E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Isolated showers before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight W wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers after 7pm. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the morning. Patchy fog before 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE