Severe thunderstorms are possible Tuesday across portions of the eastern Plains
Isolated severe thunderstorms are possible Tuesday across portions of the eastern Plains. A few strong storms may also develop south into the High Plains. Primary threat will be strong winds, however a tornado or two is also possible especially across eastern South Dakota into eastern Nebraska during the afternoon.
10NM ESE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:47 pm AKDT Sep 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA DISSIPATING LOW OVER HAIDA GWAII WILL MOVE INTO CANADA BY MON
NIGHT. A NEW LOW WILL DEVELOP IN THE NORTHERN GULF MON NIGHT AND
APPROACH CAPE FAIRWEATHER BY TUE AND WEAKEN OVER THE SOUTH
CENTRAL PANHANDLE TUE NIGHT.
- Overnight E wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Patchy fog. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers, mainly after 7am. Patchy fog before 7am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday W wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday E wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday E wind around 20 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night SSE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE