Severe thunderstorms possible across parts of Texas and the Southeast into the weekend
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across parts of northwest TX into southern OK. On Saturday, the risk increases across parts of central TX and the TX Gulf Coast, with damaging winds and a few tornadoes possible. The risk decreases somewhat and moves to the Southeast on Sunday.
10NM ESE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:04 am AKST Nov 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKST Nov 21, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA NEW GALE FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE NE FROM THE EASTERN GULF INTO
THE PANHANDLE FRI. S TO SW ONSHORE FLOW BEHIND THE FRONT WILL
CONTINUE INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Today SSE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight E wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday E wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt becoming S after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE