Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
10NM ESE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:47 pm AKDT Sep 16, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKDT Sep 16, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 23, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE GULF WILL DRIFT OVER THE PANHANDLE TUE
NIGHT. A GALE FORCE LOW AND FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE GULF WED
EVENING AND THU.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 7am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE