Strong storm system to bring unsettled weather from Gulf Coast to Great Lakes through Wednesday
A strong storm system will bring potential for severe weather, heavy rainfall and flooding, and heavy snow from the Gulf Coast to the Great Lakes through Wednesday. Severe storms are possible Tuesday across the Gulf Coast states with damaging winds as the primary threat, however a tornadoes cannot be ruled out. Flash flooding is also possible across parts of the Southeast through Wednesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:54 pm AKST Dec 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKST Dec 22, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STORM FORCE LOW WILL MOVE IN THE SOUTHEAST GULF MONDAY NIGHT
AND CONTINUE NORTHEAST OVER PRINCE OF WALES ISLAND TUESDAY
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt becoming N after midnight. A chance of rain after midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday N wind around 20 kt becoming E in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Christmas Day E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE