Nor'easter winding down as new system approaches Northeast, record-breaking warmth continues across central U.S.
The nor'easter that brought 2-3 feet of snow to parts of the Northeast is winding down, with heavy snow and strong winds continuing across eastern Maine on Wednesday. Another round of snow is expected across the Northeast Thursday into Friday. Meanwhile, temperatures as much as 25-35 degrees above normal will continue across the central U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:49 am AKST Jan 28, 2015
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKST Jan 28, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 3, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER FRONT EXTENDING EAST AND WEST ACROSS THE CENTRAL GULF
WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE NORTH AND EAST THROUGH THE PANHANDLE BY
- This Afternoon E wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SSE wind around 10 kt becoming N after midnight. A chance of rain and snow before midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday N wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 10 to 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday N wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Sunny. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Sunday N wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE