On Saturday, severe weather will be possible across portions of the northern Plains while dry and hot conditions begin returning to the West.
Severe weather is possible over parts of the northern Plains on Saturday. During the late afternoon and early evening hours, large hail and isolated tornadoes will be the primary threats with damaging winds becoming the greatest threat in the late evening hours. Out west, hot and dry conditions begin to return bringing increased heat dangers and fire weather concerns.
10NM ESE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:18 pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Aug 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1000 MB LOW OVER THE EASTERN GULF ON FRI AFTERNOON WILL
CONTINUE TO SLOWLY WEAKEN AS IT DRIFTS E ACROSS THE PANHANDLE
THROUGH SAT. WINDS WILL EASE SLIGHTLY SAT BEFORE RISING AGAIN
SUN AS ANOTHER LOW MOVES ACROSS THE GULF.
- Overnight S wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E in the morning. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Labor Day E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday W wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE