Winds, elevation snow and moderate rainfall possible for portions of the Northwest
The next system over the Pacific will move onshore over the West Coast Thursday night into Friday morning bringing wind, elevation snow and moderate rain to the Pacific Northwest beginning Thursday evening. Travel and outdoor impacts will be felt across the western U. S. as the storm moves east through the weekend.
10NM ESE Gambier Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:00 am AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 30, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN GULF WILL MOVE SLOWLY
NORTHWESTWARD ON THURSDAY INTO THE NORTHERN GULF. ON THURSDAY
NIGHT TROUGHING WILL EXTEND FROM THE NORTHERN GULF SOUTHEAST
THROUGH THE EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE.
- Today SE wind 15 to 20 kt decreasing to 10 to 15 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Rain, mainly before 1pm. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming N after midnight. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE