Flash flooding possible for parts of Upper Midwest
A slow-moving weather system progressing from the northern Plains to the Great Lakes will bring excessive rainfall and a risk of flash flooding to portions of the Upper Midwest on Friday. The heaviest rainfall is expected from central Iowa northeastward across southeastern Minn. and into Wisc. Rainfall totals of 1-2 inches, with locally-higher amounts, are possible through Saturday morning.
11NM NNW Hobart Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:35 am AKDT Aug 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1000 MB LOW OVER THE EASTERN GULF ON FRI MORNING WILL SLOWLY
WEAKEN AND DRIFT SE ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THROUGH SAT. THE
ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL MOVE SE THROUGH
- Today E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE