While moderate snow winds down in the Northeast, heavy rainfall will develop across the Northwest
Moderate snow will begin tapering of throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the responsible coast low moves off eastern Canada by Friday morning. A weakening front will move into the Pacific Northwest Thanksgiving morning and dissipate bringing light to moderate rain to the Northwest Coast and parts of Northern California and elevation snow through Friday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM NNW Hobart Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:53 pm AKST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKST Nov 26, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD FROM YUKON SOUTHWARD INTO THE PANHANDLE
AND GULF THROUGH THU. STRONG OUTFLOW WINDS WILL DEVELOP WED
NIGHT AND CONTINUE THU. THE HIGH WILL PERSIST OVER THE GULF AND
CONTINUE TO BUILD SE INTO BC ON FRI.
- Tonight NE wind around 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day NE wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ENE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 20 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE