Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM NNW Hobart Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:11 am AKDT Oct 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL GULF TODAY THEN TRACK
NORTH OVER THE GULF THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.
- Today NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NE after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSW wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE