Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM NNW Hobart Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:41 pm AKST Dec 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Dec 18, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STORM FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE NORTHWESTWARD THROUGH THE EASTERN
GULF THU. A GALE FORCE FRONT WILL REACH THE EASTERN GULF ON FRI.
- This Afternoon E wind around 20 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind 15 to 20 kt. Snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Snow likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 20 kt. Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind around 20 kt. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind around 10 kt. Snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE