Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, from northeastern Colorado across much of Nebraska and northern Kansas and into extreme portions of western Iowa and northwestern Missouri. Large hail, damaging winds and isolated tornadoes are possible.
11NM NNW Hobart Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:44 am AKDT Aug 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am AKDT Aug 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE EASTERN GULF FRI.
A WEAK LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE S CENTRAL GULF LATE FRI AFTERNOON
THEN DISSIPATE AS IT MOVES EAST FRI NIGHT. THE RIDGE OF HIGH
PRESSURE REBUILDS OVER THE EASTERN GULF SAT.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain, mainly between 7am and 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE