Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
11NM NNW Hobart Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:19 pm AKDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING THROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE SOUTH FROM THE
NORTHERN CENTRAL PANHANDLE AND DISSIPATING NEAR DIXON ENTRANCE
WEDNESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN THE SOUTHERN YUKON AND
NORTHERN SOUTHEAST ALASKA TUE NIGHT INTO WED. OUTLOOK...A STRONG
GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL GULF THU AFTERNOON.
- Overnight NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain showers before 1am, then scattered rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered rain and snow showers before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE