Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
11NM S Game Creek AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:46 pm AKST Mar 3, 2015
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKST Mar 3, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 10, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAKENING RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER BRITISH COLUMBIA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WED NIGHT. MEANWHILE A WEAK FRONT WILL MOVE INTO
THE EASTERN GULF FROM THE WEST TUE NIGHT BEFORE SPREADING OVER
THE PANHANDLE ON WED.
- Tonight ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE