Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
21NM SW Taku Harbor AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:28 am AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD IN THE SOUTHERN YUKON AND NORTHERN
PANHANDLE TODAY. A GALE FORCE LOW MOVING INTO THE CENTRAL GULF BY
THU AFTERNOON WILL TRACK INTO THE NE GULF THROUGH FRI.
- Today NW wind around 10 kt. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE