Severe weather will continue overnight across much of the eastern U.S. and be possible again on Monday from the Gulf Coast to the coastal Carolinas.
The severe weather threat will continue into the overnight hours for a large portion of the eastern U.S. from the Ohio Valley to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. On Monday, the severe weather threat area will cover a narrow swath along a sharply defined cold front from the Gulf Coast through the Southeast and up to the coastal Carolinas during the afternoon and evening.
21NM SW Taku Harbor AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:38 am AKDT Jul 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Jul 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA DEVELOPING LOW WILL TRACK NE TOWARD DIXON ENTRANCE THROUGH MON
AFTERNOON. THE LOW WILL THEN MOVE NORTHWARD ALONG THE PANHANDLE
COAST THROUGH TUE.
- Today ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE