Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the Pacific Northwest through late Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
13NM SW Taku Harbor AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:53 am AKST Dec 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Dec 21, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SMALL LOW OFF THE COAST OF YAKUTAT WILL WEAKEN AS IT MOVES
NORTHWEST SUNDAY. A SECOND WEAK LOW WILL MOVE NORTHEAST ACROSS
THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT.
- Today SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day E wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE