Winter storm to bring heavy snow from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system in the central U.S. will push east setting the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow is forecast from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, freezing rain is possible. Gusty winds and blowing snow could lead to blizzard conditions for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM NNE Tenakee Springs AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:48 pm AKST Feb 1, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Feb 1, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 7, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL APPROACH THE FAR SOUTHEAST GULF
FROM THE SOUTH WHILE A WEAK FRONT STALLS OVER THE SOUTHERN
PANHANDLE SUNDAY NIGHT. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER
NORTHWEST CANADA THROUGH MONDAY.
- This Afternoon E wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind around 10 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind around 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE