Severe weather possible for parts of northern, central Plains and Upper Midwest
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the northern and central Plains and Upper Midwest. The areas at risk include parts of western ND, eastern SD, northeastern NE, southwestern MN and northwestern IA. Large hail and damaging winds will be the main threats, but a tornado or two could occur, as well.
10NM NNE Tenakee Springs AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:40 am AKDT Aug 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKDT Aug 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OVER THE FAR SOUTHERN GULF WILL DRIFT SE
THROUGH WED. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF FROM
THE W WED AFTERNOON INTO THU.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE