Rain, mountain snow continue out west; rain and thunderstorms forecast for Southeast and Gulf Coast
Rain and mountain snow are expected across parts of northern California and the Pacific Northwest on Friday. Heavy snow is forecast for the higher mountain elevations over the weekend. Meanwhile, rain and thunderstorms are forecast for parts of the Southeast and Gulf Coast states Friday and Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM SW Taku Harbor AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:50 am AKST Dec 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKST Dec 19, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 25, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE SE GULF FRIDAY AND LIFT NW
INTO THE NORTHERN GULF FRI EVENING. ANOTHER GALE FORCE FRONT
WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE LATE FRI NIGHT.
- Today N wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE