Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
13NM SW Taku Harbor AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:48 pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4am AKST Mar 6, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL FAVOR WEAK WINDS OVER THE
GULF AND INNER CHANNELS DURING FRIDAY. OUTLOOK. LOW PRESSURE
WILL USHER IN COLD AIR AND HIGHER WINDS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
- Overnight SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SE in the evening. Scattered snow showers, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Snow showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE