Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the Pacific Northwest through late Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:53 am AKST Dec 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKST Dec 21, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SMALL LOW OFF THE COAST OF YAKUTAT WILL WEAKEN AS IT MOVES
NORTHWEST SUNDAY. A SECOND WEAK LOW WILL MOVE NORTHEAST ACROSS
THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT.
- Today NE wind 5 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday ESE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night ENE wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers before midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind around 20 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind 5 to 15 kt becoming WNW in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Christmas Day NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE