Heavy rain possible for the northern Rockies & Plains; severe storms for the Northern Plains
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, with locally heavy rainfall, to the northern Rockies and northern Plains. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some storms could become severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds. In addition, temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average.
1NM ESE Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:52 am AKDT Aug 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Aug 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK TROUGH OVER THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE WILL SHIFT SE OF THE
AREA THROUGH SAT AFTERNOON. A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL
REBUILD OVER THE EASTERN GULF BEHIND THE TROUGH THEN OVER THE
PANHANDLE BY SUN. A FRONT THEN MOVES INTO THE EASTERN GULF FROM
THE WEST SUN.
- Today NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Isolated showers before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE