Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
1NM ESE Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:28 pm AKDT Oct 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am AKDT Oct 25, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 31, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW ABOUT 150NM W OF HAIDA GWAII WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY
THROUGH FRI NIGHT THEN WEAKEN AND MOVE SE. A WEAK TROUGH OF LOW
PRESSURE WILL EXTEND FROM THE LOW TO THE NW OVER THE EASTERN
GULF OF AK THROUGH SAT.
- Overnight NE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 7am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers between 7pm and 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers after 7am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers before 7am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday NE wind around 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE