Winter weather forecast in Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow will continue Friday in the Northeast as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the recent nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast, as snowfall totals will generally be six inches or less, with the exception of Maine where up to a foot is possible. Meanwhile, snow is forecast for the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:57 pm AKST Jan 29, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4am AKST Jan 30, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 5, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL EXIT EAST AWAY FROM HAIDA GWAII
FRIDAY AFTERNOON. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD OVER
NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight NE wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Sunny. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 6 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 5 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind around 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE