Hazardous Weather Outlook product no longer displayed on national hazards map
NWS has made a change to the national hazard map, shown below, and will no longer be displaying the Hazardous Weather Outlook (HWO) product on the map. This change is intended to help users focus more quickly on the immediate impacts of hazards instead of those that are highlighted for the future. The Hazardous Weather Outlook will still be available on local Weather Forecast Office Web pages.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM ESE Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:17 pm AKDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE SE GULF WILL MOVE TO THE W CENTRAL GULF
BY WED MORNING. THE SECOND WRAP FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL MOVE N
ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THROUGH EARLY TUE NIGHT. THE LOW WILL
PERSIST IN THE GULF THROUGH THU NIGHT.
- This Afternoon E wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Showers. Seas around 5 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Showers. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely before 7pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers after 7pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE