Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
1NM ESE Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:14 pm AKDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF AND MOVE EAST
OVER THE PANHANDLE TUESDAY AND PERSIST INTO MIDWEEK.
- Labor Day SW wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE