Nor'easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NW Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:04 pm AKST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Nov 26, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 2, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD FROM YUKON SOUTHWARD INTO THE PANHANDLE
AND GULF THROUGH THU. STRONG OUTFLOW WINDS WILL DEVELOP WED
NIGHT AND CONTINUE THU. THE HIGH WILL PERSIST OVER THE GULF AND
CONTINUE TO BUILD SE INTO BC ON FRI.
- This Afternoon NE wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday NE wind 10 to 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE