Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
1NM NW Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:27 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH
FRIDAY. A FRONT EXTENDING FROM A LOW MOVING INTO THE BERING SEA
WILL CROSS THE AK GULF FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday SW wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind around 20 kt becoming NE in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday NE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NE in the evening. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday SW wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind around 15 kt becoming SW after midnight. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE