Heavy lake-effect snow continues across lower Great Lakes
Another round of heavy lake-effect snow is forecast for the Great Lakes through mid-day Friday. An additional 30 inches or more could fall in some locations, on top of the impressive amounts that have fallen already. This will result in very difficult or nearly impossible travel at times in the heaviest snow bands. The snow should taper off during the morning on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NW Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:37 am AKST Nov 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Nov 21, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA NEW GALE FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE NE FROM THE EASTERN GULF INTO
THE PANHANDLE FRI. S TO SW ONSHORE FLOW BEHIND THE FRONT WILL
CONTINUE INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Today ENE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW in the evening. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday ESE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday E wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE