Flash flooding threat continues from the Great Basin across the southern Plains
The wet pattern in place will continue from the Great Basin across the central and southern Rockies into the southern Plains into Wednesday. Ample monsoonal moisture with a frontal boundary in place will allow for shower and thunderstorm development with locally heavy rainfall at times. The heavier showers could lead to flash flooding in some areas, especially urban areas and burn scars.
1NM NW Hoonah AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:09 am AKDT Jul 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Jul 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAS LOW PRESSURE OVER THE GULF MOVES WESTWARD A RIDGE OF HIGH
PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD OVER THE PANHANDLE TODAY. THE HIGH
PRESSURE RIDGE WILL THEN EXTEND OVER THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH
- Today E wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before 1am. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Areas of fog before 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE