Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.65 in (1037.7 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Juneau International Airport (PAJN)
Lat: 58.38 Lon: -134.58 Elev: 12ft.
5 Miles SE Point Young AK
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. North wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tonight A slight chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Calm wind.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. South wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. South wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday A 40 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Juneau Borough and Northern Admiralty Island, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE