Severe weather continues to be forecast for much of the weekend across the southern U.S.
Severe weather is possible on Saturday from southwest Texas to the central Gulf Coast. Primary threats are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. On Sunday, a similar risk exists from the western Gulf Coast states across the Southeast to the coastal Carolinas.
3NM W Auke Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:45 pm AKST Nov 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKST Nov 21, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW NEAR COLD BAY WILL PERSIST THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING. SW
ONSHORE FLOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE GULF OF ALASKA AND
SOUTHEAST ALASKA INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE