Severe thunderstorms are possible Tuesday across portions of the eastern Plains
Isolated severe thunderstorms are possible Tuesday across portions of the eastern Plains. A few strong storms may also develop south into the High Plains. Primary threat will be strong winds, however a tornado or two is also possible especially across eastern South Dakota into eastern Nebraska during the afternoon.
3NM W Auke Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:39 am AKDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW IN THE NORTHERN GULF WILL MOVE E ALONG THE NORTHERN
GULF COAST TO BE NEAR CAPE FAIRWEATHER BY MIDDAY TUE. IT WILL
THEN WEAKEN TO A TROUGH AND CONTINUE MOVING SE ACROSS THE REST
OF THE PANHANDLE THROUGH TUE NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN
THE SOUTHERN YUKON TUE NIGHT INTO WED.
- Overnight SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 10 kt becoming SE in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 10 kt becoming SE in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ENE wind around 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ENE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ENE wind around 15 kt becoming SE in the morning. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE